Jan 16, 2011

a thought

i've been away for a long time.

those words drift in the air
set off a chain reaction to the listeners
they dig deep
bypassing the plain text
one spark leads to another
the day passes
a voice reminds me to remember
so i repeat
i've been away for a long time
stories outlines scenarios develop
as i drive
sand blows onto the road
stops traffic
tumble weeds mock me then leave
all forms of my world disappear
i sit in my car looking out to the wild west
in all its golden splendor
the earth shakes
the dashboard lights up
a mechanical voice counts down from a minute
what was once know as earth
disintegrates before my eyes
t minus ten seconds
my spaceship pumps fresh air into the capsule
and i'm off
past the sun towards the deep vacuum of space
onto the newly constructed hyperspace bypass.